- "My dog is half pit bull, half poodle. Not much of a watchdog, but a vicious gossip!"
- Craig Shoemaker
- "Histories are more full of examples of the fidelity of dogs than of friends."
- Alexander Pope
- "I love a dog. He does nothing for political reasons."
- Will Rogers
- "Did you ever walk into a room and forget why you walked in? I think that is how dogs spend their lives."
- Sue Murphy
- "If you don't mind throwing tennis balls for eternity, I do have an opening in doggie heaven."
- Frank and Ernest comic strip, an angel at St. Peter's gate, to a man seeking admittance
- "Money will buy you a pretty good dog, but it won't buy the wag of his tail.."
- Henry Wheeler Shaw
- "J'embrasse mon chien sur la bouche!" (I kiss my dog on the mouth.)
- "Every dog must have his day."
- Jonathan Swift
- "They say a reasonable amount 'o fleas is good fer a dog -- keeps him from broodin' over bein' a dog, mebbe."
- Edward Westcott
- "DOG, n. A subsidiary Deity designed to catch the overflow and surplus of the world's worship . . . . [H]is master works for the means wherewith to purchase the idle wag of the Solomonic tail, seasoned with a look of tolerant recognition."
- Ambrose Bierce The Devil's Dictionary, 1911.
- "There are times when even the best manager is like the little boy with the big dog." waiting to see where the dog wants to go so he can take him there.
- Lee Iacocca, US auto business executive
- "You learn in this business: It you want a friend, get a dog."
- Carl I Cahn, US auto business executive
- "A barking dog is often more useful than a sleeping lion."
- Washington Irving
- "I like dogs better [than people]. They give you unconditional love. They either lick your face or bite you, but you always know where they're coming from. With people, you never know which ones will bite. The difference between dogs and men is that you know where dogs sleep at night."
- Greg Louganis
- "If you get to thinkin' you're a person of some influence, try orderin' somebody else's dog around."
- cowboy wisdom
Dog Quotes Page 8
© 2001 - present. Australian Media Pty Ltd. All Rights Reserved.