- "When the Man waked up he said,
'What is Wild Dog doing here?'
And the Woman said,
'His name is not Wild Dog any more,
but the First Friend,
because he will be our friend
for always and always and always.'"
- Rudyard Kipling
- "My dog is usually pleased with what I do, because she is not infected with the concept of what I "should" be doing."
- Lonzo Idolswine
- "I used to look at [my dog] Smokey and think, 'If you were a little smarter you could tell me what you were thinking,' and he'd look at me like he was saying, 'If you were a little smarter, I wouldn't have to.'"
- Fred Jung claus
- "A reasonable amount of fleas is good for a dog; it keeps him from brooding over being a dog."
- E N Westcott
- "If it were a dog, it would have bitten you already." Actual Twents: "At e ne hond was, dan e oew allange ebettene." Meaning:Said to someone who is looking for something which is right under his nose. Source: Twents Woordenbook. Twents in Woord en Gebruik.
- "The old dog barks backward without getting up I can remember when he was a pup."
- Robert Frost
- "If a dog will not come to you after having looked you in the face, you should go home and examine your conscience."
- Woodrow Wilson
- "If you are a dog and your owner suggests that you wear a sweater...suggest that he wear a tail."
- Fran Lebowitz
- "When a man's best friend is his dog, that dog has a problem."
- Edward Abbey
- "When old dogs bark, it's time to watch out."
Dog Quotes Page 9
It All Adds Up
© 2001 - present. Australian Media Pty Ltd. All Rights Reserved.