- Canine Erudition
"Lay down, pup; lay down," ordered the man. "Good doggie-lay down, I say."
"You'll have to say, 'Lie Down,' mister," declared a bystander. "That's a Boston Terrier."
- High-Hat Pooch
Customer: "Has this dog a good pedigree?"
Shop Owner: "Has he? Say, if that dog could talk, he wouldn't speak to either of us."
A living dog is better than a dead lion.
- Second Epistle of Peter Bible
The dog is turned to his own vomit again; and the sow that was washed to her wallowing in the mire. Verse 2:23
- For the fifth year in succession I have pored over the catalogue of dogs in the show at Madison Square Garden without finding a dog named Rover, Towser, Sport, Spot or Fido.
Who is the man who can call from the back door at night: "Here, Champion Alexander of Clane o' Wind-Holme! Here, Champion Alexander of Clane o' Wind-Holme"?
- Westbrook Pegler
- He has every attribute of a dog except loyalty.
- Senator Thomas P. Gore
- Modern houses are so small we've had to train our dog to wag its tail up and down and not sideways.
- Our dog chases people on a bike. We've had to take it off him.
- Winston Churchill
- He's got his dog trained so that it only does it on newspapers. The trouble is it does it when he's reading the blasted things.
- Honore de Balzac
- Am I a dog, that thou comest to me with staves?
Bible - I Samuel 17:43
- As a dog returneth to his vomit, so a fool returneth to his folly.
Bible - Psalms 26:11
- When a dog bites a man that is not news, but when a man bites a dog that is news.
- Charles Anderson Dana
- I am called a dog because I fawn on those who give me anything, I yelp at those who refuse, and I set my teeth in rascals.
- Diogenes (the Cynic)
- Elegy on the Death of a Mad Dog
And in that town a dog was found,
As many dogs there be,
Both mongrel, puppy, whelp, and hound,
And curs of low degree.
- Oliver Goldsmith
- "Every boy should have two things: a dog, and a mother willing to let him have one"
- "A dog has lots of friends because he wags his tail and not his tongue."
Dog Quotes Page 18
© 2001 - present. Australian Media Pty Ltd. All Rights Reserved.