- "The dog represents all that is best in man."
- Etienne Charlet
- It often happens that a man is more humanely related to a cat or dog than to any human being.
- Henry David Thoreau
- Personally, I would not give a fig for any man's religion whose horse, cat and dog do not feel its benefits. Life in any form is our perpetual responsibility.
- S. Parkes Cadman
- Life is life - whether in a cat, or dog or man. There is no difference there between a cat or a man. The idea of difference is a human conception for man's own advantage.
- Sri Aurobindo
- "Every boy who has a dog should also have a mother, so the dog can be fed regularly"
- "The reason a dog has so many friends, is that he wags his tail instead of his tongue"
- "I have always thought of a dog lover as a dog that was in love with another dog."
- James Thurber
- "When a man's dog turns against hime, it is time for his wife to pack her trunk and go home to mamma."
- Mark Twain
- "Our dogs wil love and admire the meanest of us, and feed our colossal vanity with their uncritical homage."
- Agnes Replier
- "Dogs have more love than integrity. They've been true to us, yes, but they haven't been true to themselves."
- Clarence Day
- "The more I see of the representatives of the people, the more I admire my dogs."
- Alphonse de Lamartine
- "Dogs live with man as courtiers 'round a monarch, steeped in the flattery of his notice ... to push their favor in this world of pickings and caresses is, perhaps, the business of their lives."
- Robert Louis Stevenson
- "He that lieth with the dogs, riseth with fleas."
- George Herbert
- "Our perfect companions never have fewer than four feet."
- "Money will buy a pretty good dog, but it won't buy the wag of his tail."
- Josh Billings
- A huge dog, tied by a chain, was painted on the wall and over it was written in capital letters "Beware of the Dog".
- Petronius Arbiter 1st Century Ad.
Dog quotes Page 19
© 2001 - present. Australian Media Pty Ltd. All Rights Reserved.