- "Never stand between a dog and the hydrant."
- John Peers
- "I've been on so many blind dates, I should get a free dog."
- Wendy Liebman
- "Know yourself. Don't accept your dog's admiration as conclusive evidence that you are wonderful."
- Ann Landers
- "You do not own a dog, the dog owns you."
- "Researches have discovered that dogs can comprehend a vocabulary of 2,000 words, whereas cats can only comprehend 25 to 50. No one ever asks how many words researches can comprehend."
- "I would rather see the portrait of a dog that I know, than all the allegorical paintings they can show me in the world."
- Samuel Johnson
- "If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went."
- "To his dog, every man is Napoleon; hence the constant popularity of dogs."
- Aldous Huxley
- "If you wish the dog to follow you, feed him."
- "It's hard to teach an old dog new tricks."
- "Let sleeping dogs lie."
- Charles Dickens
- "Every dog has his day -- but the nights are reserved for the cats."
- "A dog teaches a boy fidelity, perseverance, and to turn around three times before lying down."
- Robert Benchley
- "The biggest dog has been a pup."
- Joaquin Miller
- "If a dog will not come to you after having looked you in the face, you should go home and examine your conscience."
- Woodrow Wilson
- "A piece of grass a day keeps the vet away"
- Unknown Dog
- "If I have any beliefs about immortality, it is that certain dogs I have known will go to heaven, and very, very few persons."
- James Thurber
- "The difference between cats and dogs is, dogs come when they are called, cats take a message and get back to you."
Dog Quotes Page 13
It All Adds Up
© 2001 - present. Australian Media Pty Ltd. All Rights Reserved.