- "The great pleasure of a dog is that you may make a fool of yourself with him and not only will he not scold you, but he will make a fool of himself too." - Samuel Butler
- "Rambunctious, rumbustious, delinquent dogs become angelic when sitting." - Dr. Ian Dunbar
- "Don't accept your dog's admiration as conclusive evidence that you are wonderful." - Ann Landers
- "All trees have bark.
All dogs bark.
Therefore, all dogs are trees.
The fallacy of barking up the wrong tree." - Unknown
- "I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven't got the guts to bite people themselves. " - August Strindberg
- "A dog is a dog except when he is facing you. Then he is Mr. Dog." - Haitian Farmer
- Whoever said "let sleeping dogs lie" didn't sleep with dogs. - Unknown
- "A dog may bark, but his legs will never grow longer." - Unknown
- "If a dog jumps in your lap, it is because he is fond of you; but if a cat does the same thing, it is because your lap is warmer." - Alfred North Whitehead
- "In order to keep a true perspective of one's importance, everyone should have a dog that will worship him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce, Taipei, Taiwan
- "There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face." - Ben Williams
- "Dogs love their friends and bite their enemies, quite unlike people, who are incapable of pure love and always have to mix love and hate in their object-relations." - Sigmund Freud
- "Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole." - Roger Caras
- "...Pomeranians speak only to Poodles and Poodles speak only to God." - Charles Kuralt on "48 Hours"
- "To his dog, every man is Napoleon; hence the constant popularity of dogs." - Aldous Huxley
- "A dog wags its tail with its heart" - Martin Buxbaum
- "A hungry dog hunts best." - Lee Trevino, US golfer
- "I'm a mog. Half man, half dog. I'm my own best friend" - Barf, John Candy (Spaceballs)
- "Outside of a dog, a book is probably man's best friend, and inside of a dog, it's too dark to read." - Groucho Marx
- "Some of my best leading men have been dogs and horses." - Elizabeth Taylor
Dog Quotes Page 14
It All Adds Up
© 2001 - present. Australian Media Pty Ltd. All Rights Reserved.