- "I like a bit of a mongrel myself, whether it's aman or a dog; it's best for every day."
- George Bernard Shaw
- "A pekingeese is not a pet dog; he is an undersized lion."
- A A Milne
- "There's not much you can do with a terrier, ma'am."
- Los Angeles dog trainer
- "If dogs could talk, perhaps we would find it as hard to get along with them as we do with people."
- Karel Capek
- "Jesse has a new dog. You may have noticed that his former pets have been peculiarly unfortunate. When this dog dies every employee in the White House will be at once discharged."
- Ulysses Grant to White house staff when his son got a Newfoundland pup, and after others of his dogs had died mysteriously
- "...it takes a strong minded human to appreciate a string-minded dog!"
- Mary Webber
- "When a shepherd goes to kill a wolf, and takes his dog along to see the sport, he should take care to avoid mistakes. The dog has certain relationships to the wolf the shepherd may have forgotten."
- Robert M. Pirsig, Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance
- "I'd rather have an inch of a dog than miles of pedigree."
- Dana Burnet
- "My little dog---a heartbeat at my feet."
- Edith Wharton
- "Children and dogs are as necessary to the welfare of the country as Wall Street and the railroads."
- Harry S Truman
- "The world was conquered through the understanding of dogs; the world exists through the understanding of dogs."
- "All knowledge, the totality of all questions and all answers is contained in the dog."
- "The one absolutely unselfish friend that man can have in this selfish world, the one that never deserts him, the one that never proves ungrateful or treacherous, is his dog. . . .He will kiss the hand that has no food to offer; he will lick the wounds and sores that come in encounter with the roughness of the world. . . .When all other friends desert, he remains."
- George G Vest
- "If a dog jumps in your lap, it is because he is fond of you; but if a cat does the same thing, it is because your lap is warmer."
- Alfred North Whitehead
Dog Quotes Page 12
© 2001 - present. Australian Media Pty Ltd. All Rights Reserved.