- "If you are a dog and your owner suggests that you wear a sweater. . . suggest that he wear a tail."
- Fran Lebowitz
- "You can say any fool thing to a dog, and the dog will give you this look that says, `My God, you're RIGHT! I NEVER would've thought of that!'"
- Dave Barry
- "He is my other eyes that can see above the clouds; my other ears that hear above the winds. He is the part of me that can reach out into the sea. He has told me a thousand times over that I am his reason for being; by the way he rests against my leg; by the way he thumps his tail at my smallest smile; by the way he shows his hurt when I leave without taking him. (I think it makes him sick with worry when he is not along to care for me.) When I am wrong, he is delighted to forgive. When I am angry, he clowns to make me smile. When I am happy, he is joy unbounded. When I am a fool, he ignores it. When I succeed, he brags. Without him, I am only another man. With him, I am all-powerful. He is loyalty itself. He has taught me the meaning of devotion. With him, I know a secret comfort and a private peace. He has brought me understanding where before I was ignorant. His head on my knee can heal my human hurts. His presence by my side is protection against my fears of dark and unknown things. He has promised
to wait for me... whenever... wherever - in case I need him. And I expect I will - as I always have. He is just my dog."
- Gene Hill
- "Breed not a savage dog, nor permit a loose stairway."
- "In my day, we didn't have dogs or cats. All I had was Silver Beauty, my beloved paper clip."
- Jennifer Hart, Arlington
- "Man is an animal that makes bargains; no other animal does this - one dog does not change a bone with another."
- Adam Smith
- "If your dog doesn't like someone you probably shouldn't either."
- "Old dogs, like old shoes, are comfortable. They might be a bit out of shape and a little worn around the edges, but they fit well."
- Bonnie Wilcox 'Old Dogs, Old Friends'
- "Whoever said you can't buy happiness forgot little puppies."
- Gene Hill
- "The more people I meet the more I like my dog."
- "In dog years I'm dead."
- "In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog."
- Edward Hoagland
- "I once decided not to date a guy because he wasn't excited to meet my dog. I mean, this was like not wanting to meet my mother."
- Bonnie Schacter, Founder of the Single Pet Owner's Society Singles Group
- "A cat sees us as the dogs...A cat sees himself as the human."
- "Dogs are our link to paradise. They don't know evil or jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing was not boring--it was peace."
- Milan Kundera
Dog Quotes Page 2
© 2001 - present. Australian Media Pty Ltd. All Rights Reserved.