- "Recipe; a series of step-by-step instructions for preparing ingredients you forgot to buy, in utensils you don't own, to make a dish the dog won't eat."
- "Any member introducing a dog into the Society's premises shall be liable to a fine of one pound. Any animal leading a blind person shall be deemed to be a cat."
- Rule 46, Oxford Union Society, London
- "You gonna bark all day little doggy, or are you gonna bite?"
- Mr. Blonde "Reservoir Dogs"
- "Asking a working writer what he thinks about critics is like asking a lamp-post how it feels about dogs."
- Christopher Hampton
- "When a dog runs at you, whistle for him."
- Henry David Thoreau
- "Flatterers look like friends, as wolves like dogs."
- George Chapman
- "Dogs laugh, but they laugh with their tails. What puts man in a higher state of evolution is that he has got his laugh on the right end."
- Max Eastman
- "I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love. For me they are the role model for being alive."
- Gilda Radner
- "My dog is worried about the economy because Alpo is up to 99 cents a can. That's almost $7.00 in dog money."
- Joe Weinstein
- "Yesterday I was a dog. Today I'm a dog. Tomorrow I'll probably still be a dog. Sigh! There's so little hope for advancement."
- "Oh, yeah, what are you gonna do? Release the dogs? Or the bees? Or the dogs with bees in their mouth and when they bark, they shoot bees at you?"
- Homer from the Simpsons
- "How many legs does a dog have if you call the tail a leg? Four. Calling a tail a leg doesn't make it a leg."
- Abraham Lincoln
- "Elizabeth's back at the red cross, and I'm walking the dog."
- Bob Dole, on the Today Show, describing life after the elections, 1997
- "It freshens your breath and helps prevent tartar."
- Mel Gibson, while eating a dog biscuit at Harvard, 1996
- "Some days you're the dog, some days you're the hydrant."
- "Dogs are getting bigger, according to a leading dog manufacturer."
- Leo Rosten
- "Barking dogs don't bite people they don't know."
Dog Quotes Page 5
It All Adds Up
© 2001 - present. Australian Media Pty Ltd. All Rights Reserved.