- I agree with Agassiz that dogs possess something very like a conscience.
- Charles Darwin
- To a dog the whiole world is a smell.
Born a dog
Died a gentleman
- Epitaph on a Dog's Grave in Maryland
- It's Funny how dogs and cats know the inside of folks better than other folks do, isn't it?>
- Eleanor H. Porter
- Our German forefathers had a very kind religion. They believed that, after death, they would meet again all the good dogs that had been their companions in life. I wish I could believe that too.
- Otto Von Bismarck
- I am simply delighted that you have a springer spaniel. That is the perfect final touch to our friendship. Do you know there is always a barrier between me and any man or woman who does not like dogs.
- Ellen Glasgow
- Why, that dog is practically a Phi Beta Kappa. She can sit up and beg, and she can give her paw-I don't say she will but she can.
- Dorothy Parker
- Like many other much-loved humans, they believed that they owned their dogs, instead of realizing that their dogs owned them.
- Dodie Smith
- Among God's creatures two, the dog and the guitar, have taken all the sizes and all the shapes, in order not to be separated fromt the man.
- Andres Segovia
- Anybody who doesn't know what soap tastes like never washed a dog.
- Franklin P. Jones
© 2001 - present. Australian Media Pty Ltd. All Rights Reserved.